Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Oh, the Hatred of Islam & Muslims

Lately, I have been inundated with stories, emails, media, etc., about how people hate Muslims and despise Islam. While I let some of the forwarded emails pass because of ignorance, I really cannot ignore them. Why? Because it is this misinformation that gets passed on to more and more ignorant people who believe it simply because the email came from a friend or family member. To make matters worse, these people spread these false accusations to neighbors and others who are not on their email list.

Lately, the talk in the media, both print and on television, has been on the upcoming release of an anti-Qur'an movie by a Dutch politician. No where has there been an oversaturation on this story as there has been on Jihad Watch. They love to champion this politician's cause, giving him their support and wishing more politicians in America were like him. For those who have not heard of the Dutch politician, Geert Wilders, here is part of an article from The Observer:

"A TV addict with bleached hair who adores Maggie Thatcher and prefers kebabs to hamburgers, Geert Wilders has got nothing against Muslims. He just hates Islam. Or so he says. 'Islam is not a religion, it's an ideology,' says Wilders, a lanky Roman Catholic right-winger, 'the ideology of a retarded culture.' "

...another part of the article:

"But he does want to create a stir. 'Islam is something we can't afford any more in the Netherlands. I want the fascist Koran banned. We need to stop the Islamisation of the Netherlands. That means no more mosques, no more Islamic schools, no more imams... Not all Muslims are terrorists, but almost all terrorists are Muslims.'

Free speech or hate speech? 'I don't create hate. I want to be honest. I don't hate people. I don't hate Muslims. I hate their book and their ideology.' "

Full Story: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/feb/17/netherlands.islam

Hmmmm......how does one not hate the followers of Islam considering Muslims base their entire life on the Qur'an and the ahadith??? It reminds me of a verse in the Qur'an which I read recently on another blog: "Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion." [2:120]

Alhamdulillah for the Qur'an and it's guidance. This verse is so true. I see it everyday in the writings of the lemmings on Jihad Watch, and various other Islamophobe sites. This verse resonated in my head as I was listening to a conservative radio show over the internet this morning. During the show, there was an interview with author Brad Thor, who has an upcoming book due out in July. I knew where the conversation was going when the shows host's first question asked was "if the author was prepared to die when the book was published." I knew then it was an inflammatory book against Islam.

Here is a part of the transcript of the show where the author describes the book:
"THOR: In a nutshell the book is that Mohammed had -- the Qur'an is Mohammed's revelations and they are ordered not in chronological order in the Qur'an but -- and this is true. They are ordered from longest to shortest. And the problem with the Qur'an is that we've got peaceful verses throughout but the more violent verses, in particular number 9, the most violent verse in the Qur'an came from very much toward the end of Mohammed's life. It's one of the last kind of commandments to his followers and therefore a lot of the radical Islamists use it to justify violence against non-Muslims. So I said with this -- because Mohammed was assassinated. That's another true fact. I said what if Mohammed had one last revelation and his own companion, people within his closest cadre assassinated him to keep that final revelation quiet. That's the basis of the book: What if this revelation existed and what if it could completely alter the face of Islam if it became brought into the public eye."

Now, back to the author's reply about if he was prepared do die. He said, "THOR: Listen. I don't want to die for -- I definitely don't want to die for a book but at the end of the day if we keep backing off -- and that's what I said. We are experiencing Sharia inch by inch every time we cower and refuse to publish a book or something like that." ...followed by..."If the enemy we face today is not Islam, it's the Islamists. They are trying to tear this country apart from within. Groups like -- groups like CAIR and other groups. I think it's important that this information get out there and be told to people in a story like mine so they can learn about the threat that this nation faces."

There was another time in the past when people wanted Muslims to stop practicing their religion, and would only accept it if they started practicing their religion...and they did so with force! It was called the Inquisition. Are we headed towards another, a modern day, Inquisition? Insha'Allah, I hope not, but only time will tell. With more and more fear mongering books from authors with an agenda, and news media outlets which offers up one side of the story, and add an uninformed 'audience', who, instead of researching for themselves the truth about Islam, only takes the words of so called "experts" at face value, then it looks looks some rough times ahead for my brothers and sisters. May Allah give us Strength. Ameen

1 comment:

AllAboutAsma said...

Salaamualaikum

Masha'Allah,

I love reading your blog. It gives me a perspective that I don't find anywhere else. Even if I do, I cant stick to it as it does not flow like yours does.

Your posts flow and makes sense.

Your post reminded me of a debate on the radio and it was live. It was between Jalal Abualrub and Craig Winn (author/owner of Prophet of Doom).

Craig literally had no answers as he was cornered. I will find it and give it to you Insha'Allah.

Please keep the posts coming.

- Omar